What we offer
- We offer a tailored investment of up to a maximum of £150,000 in the form of a convertible loan note (CLN). The CLN is suitable for any legal entity, including companies limited by shares, social enterprises and charities.
- The CLN lasts for up to two years and accrues simple interest at 7% per year. At the two-year point, it converts either to equity or a flexible repayment of the loan over five years.
- We work with our investees to help them meet their financial and impact targets, offering coaching from our team, support from our corporate partners and access to The Young Foundation’s network.
What we look for
- We invest in early-stage social ventures that tackle educational inequalities. We assess ventures based on their social impact, their commercial potential and their team.
- We invest primarily in ventures that have participated in our Accelerator programme, as it allows us get to know each other and work out if the fund is the right fit for the venture. We also welcome investment applications from ventures that have not participated in our Accelerator. Please get in touch to discuss this with us.
- Our investment agreements set out what an investee can expect from us and what we expect from our investees during the lifetime of our investment. There is a standard set of requirements for investees, which includes regular reporting to us, observing good governance practices, and commercial ventures enshrining a social mission in their governing documents.
How to apply
Our investment fund is currently closed to new applications. For more information, please contact our Investment Manager, Anshu Mandal: email@example.com